Spring is enjoyable for a couple reasons: flowers are blooming, you can open up windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is often at its cheapest. That’s because you’re not relying on your heat or air.
But as temps begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are a few suggestions for saving energy in Oakville and keeping costs low.
1. Book Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and scale down costs. Changing out your air filter will help keep energy costs low.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is an excellent time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in newer cooling systems is a definite advantage for keeping your utility bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a simple way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling expenses. Just dial your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours a day.
Figuring out how to efficiently schedule your thermostat is the best way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Consider it this way, the lower the difference between exterior temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your air conditioning cost will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a lot higher temperature or shut it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty house.
3. Take Advantage of Other Approaches to Cool Your Home
You can do several other things to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise during the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by shutting blinds and curtains when you’re not staying in sunny rooms.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and suddenly realize you neglected to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the whole day!
Smart thermostats figure out your habits and move the temp when you’re out and about to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the temp from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you figure out it’s time to improve your thermostat or need AC installation, give our team a call at 289-813-5566 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the best solution for your house. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.