Scheduling routine AC maintenance is helpful.
Maintenance keeps your AC unit in Oakville operating at peak performance while keeping electricity consumption down. It also may even help prolong its life expectancy.
While there are a couple jobs you can complete by yourself, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Abbey Air Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can complete on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a time of rejuvenation, and to many that includes a large dose of indoors, garage and yard sprucing. With the hotter temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your cooling system scrubbed and examined. Waiting to flip it on until the first warm day of the season can be risky. If you need service or installation, you may be waiting a long time for a technician. And that can get extremely unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being ahead of the game with a fresh cooling system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service might be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance on My Own?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your cooling system in the ultimate order:
- Replace your air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and may reduce your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the outside condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning unit. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have collected inside your equipment, since this can impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to accomplish? If you get in touch with Abbey Air Service Experts at 289-813-5566, the primary thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our pros start the nitty gritty. We’ll check your equipment and make sure it’s operating correctly with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure secure operation.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-inducing mold and obstructions.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Freshening the outside coil to get rid of any buildup from dirt and grass.
- Checking controls to double check your equipment is starting, cooling and shutting off like it should.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that need extra work, we are prepared to offer you the most reasonable option. Locating likely troubles early can solve more expensive troubles later. This also provides you time to save if your unit is getting older.
When you need an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to select the right solution for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Need to request your service? Call us at 289-813-5566 or schedule an appointment online now.