Scheduling routine AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Maintenance keeps your AC unit in Oakville operating at peak performance while keeping utility consumption small. It also could even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a couple jobs you can finish by yourself, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Abbey Air Service Experts, for AC checks and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Booked
Spring is a time of revival, and to many that includes a big dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temperatures right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to include AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is the perfect time of year to get your cooling system freshened and inspected. Waiting to flip it on until the first sweltering day of the season can be a gamble. If you need a fix or a new unit, you might be waiting days for a tech. And that can get extremely unpleasant.
And for people with allergies, being ahead of the game with a freshened air conditioning system will help ensure the greatest indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, cooling service might be mandatory for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete Service Alone?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your cooling system in the prime state:
- Replace your air filter. Filthy filters limit airflow and may reduce your equipment’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you use, the U.S. Department of Energy suggests each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you deal with allergies or have animals in your residence.
- Lawn maintenance around the outside condenser. Ensure there’s no grass, weeds or bushes close to your air conditioning unit. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your equipment, since this might impede airflow.
Let the Experts Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Abbey Air Service Experts at 289-813-5566, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our Experts begin the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s working like it should with these steps:
- Securing electrical connections to ensure secure operation.
- Greasing to keep moving pieces working effortlessly and potentially avoid breakdowns.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to remove leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Aligning coil fins to stay clear of decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the exterior coil to get rid of any buildup from dirt and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is starting, cooling and shutting off correctly.
- Evaluating the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we uncover problems that involve additional work, we are prepared to provide you the most reasonable option. Locating possible issues early can solve more substantial troubles down the road. This also offers you time to save if your equipment is aging.
When you need an updated air conditioner, our Experts will assist you to select the right solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit work for your budget. Whatever your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of your needs.
Need to request your service? Call us at 289-813-5566 or schedule an appointment online now.