There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Oakville. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor task you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment scheduled.
The experts at Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a number of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather comes to Oakville, too. Take a look at some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help make sure that your furnace operates at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating bill.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready to get you through whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Oakville when it cools off.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cold winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the heating season.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance completed can save you money if worse problems occur down the road.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional perks, and getting furnace service done annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the colder months and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Oakville, give us a call at 289-813-5566 or schedule an appointment with Abbey Air Home Services by Enercare through our online scheduler.