There are a number of fun things to do in the fall, especially in Oakville. But, there’s also that huge list of must-do’s before the cold weather comes. Although the outdoor yard work and home improvements are undoubtedly at the top of your list, there’s at least one indoor job you should consider taking on early: getting your furnace service and tune-up appointment set up.
The experts at Abbey Air Service Experts recommend that furnace service and maintenance be completed at least annually to help prevent a breakdown in the middle of winter, when the furnace is needed most. There are a host of benefits to getting it done before the cold and crisp weather reaches Oakville, too. Check out some of the top benefits of furnace service:
- Helps maintain your heating system’s energy efficiency. Regular maintenance can help ensure that your furnace operates at its peak efficiency throughout the coldest months of the year, helping you save on your heating costs.
- Ensures your furnace is in tip-top shape. From checking airflow to full multi-point inspections, you can be certain your furnace is ready for whatever Mother Nature decides to throw at Oakville when it cools off.
- Lowers the chances of breakdowns. Just about the last thing you want to occur on a cool winter day is have your furnace quit running, especially when heating companies are limited in their capacity for new customers. A furnace service appointment now will allow the technician to find potential problems and solve them before they happen.
- Helps keep your home safe. All furnaces burn some type of fuel to create heat, and cracks and leaks around the fuel area could compromise your family’s safety. Inspecting the heat exchanger, gas burner and gas valve calibration are crucial to keeping your home safe through the winter.
- Keeps your warranty valid. Many manufacturers require that you have at least one furnace service appointment per year in order to fulfill your warranty, so getting regular maintenance done can save you money if worse problems occur in the future.
Taking proper care of your furnace has a number of additional perks, and getting furnace service completed annually is just the first step. It’ll help keep your home comfortable throughout the cold season and save you time later because you’re less likely to need more service, maintenance or repairs in the middle of winter when heating and cooling companies like Abbey Air Service Experts are at their busiest.
If you have any questions about furnace service or a tune-up in Oakville, give us a call at 289-813-5566 or schedule an appointment with Abbey Air Service Experts through our online scheduler.