There are a lot of fumes that could be within your Oakville residence. Natural gas and gases that derive from household furniture, carpeting and paints. Not one of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Call Abbey Air Service Experts at 289-813-5566 now to begin defending your residence against this harmful gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be a life and death situation, so it’s not something to joke about.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot view it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It doesn’t cause irritation in little doses and can’t be purified.
2. It Can Be Lethal Within Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of spent fuel. It can filter into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. While it depends on how considerable the leak is and the airflow in a home, carbon monoxide could become deadly in only a few minutes.
Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are taking in fresh air, it will take five hours to get it out of your system. You will need another five hours to decrease that level by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mirror Other Illnesses
Carbon monoxide can also mimic conditions that can be confused with the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other things.
How to Defend Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no point to take a chance with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three precautions you can do to keep your house safe:
- Your house with at least one natural gas appliance, attached garage or fireplace should have a carbon monoxide detector. You need to have an alarm on every level of your residence, on top of the basement and garage. You also should have one installed inside or outside of all bedrooms. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your residence?
Call Abbey Air Service Experts at 289-813-5566 to get one. Ask our technicians about our affordable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you presently own a carbon monoxide system, regularly test or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every three months, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide system sounds, leave your residence without delay and dial 911.
Keep Your Family Safe with Support from Abbey Air Service Experts
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be terrifying, and with the proper steps your home can be protected from the hazardous gas. Take the necessary steps and call Abbey Air Service Experts at 289-813-5566 to learn more.