Building a new house? Upgrading your present equipment? Regardless of why you’re in the market for an air conditioner, you might quickly learn you have more possibilities than you first thought. Go through this information to help you compare four different kinds so you can choose the best air conditioner in Oakville.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people think of when they imagine air conditioning for the full residence. Central air conditioning moves air to every room with a system of ducts and registers.
This could be great for you if:
- Your house has ductwork.
- You presently have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re seeking quiet, convenient cooling.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps work similar to central air conditioners. Many models can also deliver heat in cold weather.
This could be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You live in a location with warmer weather during the winter.
- You’re looking for a lone piece of equipment for year-round heating and cooling, in lieu of a standard furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t utilize (or you don’t need) natural or propane gas.
- You’re seeking nearly silent, energy-efficient heating and cooling.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground under your feet stays at a stable 55 degrees during the year. A geothermal heat pump takes advantage of this ongoing supply of energy with underground loops for excellent heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be right for you if:
- Your home uses ductwork.
- You desire a lone piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your residence for the subterranean loops.
This is another style of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit hooks up with an interior blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows protected.
This might be right for you if:
- Your house, or a new add-on to it, doesn’t come with ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual areas.
- You’re seeking to install zoning in your home.
Don’t know which kind of air conditioner you should buy? Depend on the Experts at Abbey Air Service Experts for anything air conditioning! We can talk through your options and help you select the best one for your family. Please contact us at 289-813-5566 to request an air conditioning replacement estimate right away.