Summer is typically a hectic time of year for many people in Oakville. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any host of other exciting activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded Oakville heat as well.
We know you’ve already covered all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs well in advance of summer, so what else can you do to maintain your cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a couple tips:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Oakville heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Abbey Air Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 289-813-5566 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can ensure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the Oakville heat.
- Stay in air conditioning as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this difficult, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do so.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early indicator of dehydration. If you begin to experience muscle cramping, take a breather as it may also be an early indicator of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any kind of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Oakville temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little colder than typical. It can help you cool down a little quicker so you can get back to basking in your home’s air conditioning.