We have discussed common air conditioning problems, now we’d like to share common furnace and heating issues Oakville homeowners often call Abbey Air Service Experts about. Although there are quite possibly hundreds of reasons why your Oakville home’s furnace or heating system may need to be repaired. Here are the top five problems that may cause your furnace or heating equipment to break down:
1. Thermostat breaks producing no heat, fan spinning or comfort problems
2. Air passage problems from fan motors, belts and bearings, causing furnace excessive heat or poor heating control
3. Dirty or clogged filters that cause airflow and comfort problems
4. Pilot light or furnace ignition issues, resulting in intermittent or no heat
5. Lack of regular service may cause unforeseen breakdowns, poor comfort or escalated energy costs (plus a lot of homeowner frustration!)
Each of these common issues can be addressed by a professionally qualified, NATE-certified technician. Technicians from Abbey Air Service Experts can quickly detect the problem area and make the required repairs. Purchasing a precision tune-up or maintenance plan could advert almost all heating problems that leave you with no heat or low comfort levels. During a tune-up, all the components are checked and serviced so they work correctly and at top efficiency during the heating season. Critical items like Carbon Monoxide checks, plenty of combustion air, equipment clearances, and equipment safety are also key elements to the tune-up process. Most importantly – safety first! Never forget that furnaces of any age can pose safety hazards from combustion or gases, especially if a NATE-certified technician has not maintained the equipment on a scheduled basis.
Contact Abbey Air Service Experts of Oakville at 289-813-5566 to schedule an appointment today if you would like a technician to check out your furnace system.