Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Oakville, you may be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are a few points to think over, in addition to the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are getting rid of their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your house the right temperature. A new air conditioner could call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is correctly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Abbey Air Service Experts, can figure out that static pressure of your system and offer the correct advice.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner match and are properly sized, there aren’t often any large short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the band-aid repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything runs at the highest efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your annual heating and cooling bills.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. Meanwhile, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you might even qualify for a discount because you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Abbey Air Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your complete system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one low monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 289-813-5566 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.