Air conditioners don’t run indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in Oakville, you may be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are several points to think about, in addition to the benefits of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it alongside your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can likely delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are getting rid of their dated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed models. This uses less energy and maximizes comfort by operating at varying speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to disperse air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to get the full comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace provide adequate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your residence comfy. A new air conditioner could need a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Abbey Air Service Experts, can determine that static pressure of your system and offer the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you replace both components simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any big short-term consequences. A mismatched setup is often not permanent until the other system goes out. You can avoid the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll enjoy these pluses:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at peak efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your annual utility expenses.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might stop working for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Likely discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you might even qualify for a discount because you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to get rid of your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can trust Abbey Air Service Experts. We realize the expense of replacing your entire system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs later on are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 289-813-5566 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.