Expert Oil Furnace Repair in Oakville
Furnace refusing to start? Reset button keeps tripping? If your fuel oil furnace is leaving you annoyed and chilly in Oakville, the Experts at Abbey Air Service Experts can help.
Sometimes, you can take care of troubles with your oil-burning furnace by yourself. There are several things you can take a look at before calling us for heating repair.
Common Oil Heating System Problems
- Furnace won’t start. The thermostat setting may be wrong. Make sure that it’s on “auto” and “heat.”
- Reset button keeps tripping. This safety feature shuts down your furnace when it discovers an issue. Make sure there’s fuel in the oil tank, the valves are open and the chimney is unobstructed. Once you’ve checked those things, only press the reset button once. Pressing it several times could cause fuel oil to build up and cause a fire once the furnace begins running.
- Inadequate heat. The oil or air filters could be clogged and need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Excess noise. If you hear clattering, tighten access panels. Squealing means there’s a problem with the belt or blower motor. If these components have oiling ports, put a couple of electric motor oil on them after completely turning off your furnace.
Other times, you’ll need one of our specialist service technicians. Call Abbey Air Service Experts for oil furnace repair service when:
- Pushing the reset button doesn’t start the furnace, even when there’s fuel in the tank and valves are open
- You hear knocking sounds, which likely signals there’s air in the fuel lines
- Oil lines are leaking
- Soot can be seen in the burner chamber
- Burner works but does not fire
- Alternative troubleshooting tips don’t fix the problem
100% Satisfaction Guarantee* Backs Our Repairs
Abbey Air Service Experts can take care of the problem when your oil furnace won’t ignite.
Our professionals have passed in-depth testing to earn the top HVAC standard, NATE certification. They are well-equipped to take care of most any heating repair. And all our work is backed by a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.*
Periodic maintenance can help you avoid furnace breakdowns. Once we get your furnace operating, Abbey Air Service Experts technicians can recommend a membership plan that could limit costly repairs and make your furnace run more efficiently. A more efficient furnace could help you save money on energy costs.