If you think you may have a gas leak, evacuate your home and call 911 immediately.
Signs of a gas leak can include the following:
- The aroma of sulfur or “rotten eggs”
- Hissing or blowing sounds from appliances connected to the gas line, like gas stoves, or sounds from the gas source itself
- Dead or faded grass, plants or other vegetation
- People in the house having symptoms such as dizziness, nausea or fatigue
If you are encountering any of these signs and are worried they could be due to a gas leak, leave your home and call 911 promptly, followed by your utility company.
Sometimes the utility company will repair a gas leak, but in many instances the homeowner is responsible. Luckily, the professionals at Abbey Air Service Experts are thoroughly trained to install or repair gas lines and we are committed to getting the job done properly, and more importantly, safely. Not to mention that all our work is backed with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*!
GAS LINE REPAIR IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD NEVER DO AS A DIY PROJECT.
While there are a number of things to get done around the house that homeowners decide to take on by themselves, gas line repair ought to be left up to the experts. It is the only way to make sure that your gas lines are both safe and effective, as well as up to all Oakville codes.
From putting in gas lines for a new stove or oven to doing repairs on gas lines for a heater in your garage, Abbey Air Service Experts’s experiences in the industry have allowed us to take on a variety of gas line projects in the Oakville community, so no job is too much for our specialists.
Gas Leak and Carbon Monoxide Safety
As noted before, the first thing you need to do if you are worried about a gas leak is evacuate your home and then call 911 right away. After emergency responders are coming your way, call your utility company.
Once the emergency responders and utility company have confirmed there is no danger, call Abbey Air Service Experts to schedule a gas line repair, installation or replacement.
Poisonous gases, including natural gas and carbon monoxide, should be taken very seriously. Ensure you have carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home and call 911 right away if you’re ever concerned about a gas leak or carbon monoxide in your home. Unlike natural gas, carbon monoxide won’t have a smell and cannot be easily detected. The EPA recommends a few steps to lower exposure to carbon monoxide:
- Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
- Install and use an exhaust fan vented to outdoors over gas stoves.
- Open flues when fireplaces are in use.
- Have a well-versed professional inspect, clean and tune up your central heating systems (including furnaces, flues and chimneys) annually and repair any leaks immediately.
For more ideas on how to safely heat your home and avoid carbon monoxide issues, visit our blog.