When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is usually near the top of many people’s needs in Oakville. A tankless water heater is a good choice for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which might save you a lot on energy expenses. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use for later use, you don’t have to pay for standby energy losses like you may have to with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a constant supply of hot water. They are small in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to run.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water goes through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it travels to the tap, where you then have hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—particularly for larger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be large enough to accommodate numerous uses at once. One of our professionals will help you figure out what your flow rate is and give you recommendations based on their expertise.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of houses in the Oakville area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the bonuses of having one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifetime of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifecycle of a regular tank heater.
- Most tankless units have a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters almost never run out of hot water.
- You get better energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient without standby heat loss and only use the power they need to heat the amount of water needed at any time.
- Tankless models take up much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’ll be used.
With tankless water heaters, you get rid of the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Abbey Air Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater added to your Oakville home. It’s a great energy-efficient option for your home. We offer quality tankless hot water heater choices, skill and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 289-813-5566
or request an appointment with us online.